01 July 2007

iPhone Frenzy - is it for You?

Apple came out with the newest techy gadget June 29 iPhone which costs >$600+. I used to love new gadgets that would come out in the technology world since that is my industry of work. However my priorities from lessons learned (and practicality) have taken me away from such a "gotta have it" paradigm. Here is My Top 10 List of not getting iPhone:

10. Heard the funtionality is not all there as designed
9. Another opporutity for foreign language speaking people to call me thinking that I am there relative with that phone number
8. Another opportunity for organizations to call me thinking I am the person that had the number previously
7. My eyesight is already out the window; have to keep my glasses on to read the screen and make sure I am touching the right iconic windows
6. Hanydman bill of service vs. iPhone billing for continued service; choose the latter since the results last longer
5. One more valuable piece of hardware to loose in my cave-live purse to search for
4. Cashmere yarn lasts longer than this product; and it doesn't require upgrade or replacement for better quality or "newer features"
3. Another medium of opportunity for hackers to steal my identity
2. Even though the craze is to get the newest technology available in the market and be part of that history, I never was one to follow a "trend"
1. Very limited people that want to talk to me on the regular phone now / I can access the net when I am working anytime (when I find the time)

In terms of our capital world, "What's in your wallet?"

1 comment:

Laura said...

these friends of mine and i had the longest discussion of reasons why we wont buy the iphone now... but the main reason was that i definitely don't have 600 wing-wangs to spend being a gigantic test bunny.

the only reason why i would even consider buying it is... well... it's an iphone!