06 August 2007

"So if you're tired of the same old story....

...turn some pages"

Went to the Ventura County fair and checked out REO Speedwagon in concert Saturday night. I saw them 25 years ago and they still sound great! Gray hair but they are still rocking. Had to buy their new CD since Kevin Cronin plugged it twice during the show. All the youngsters in the crowd took off probably because they don't get that generation of music.

After the concert, I almost pissed in my pants on the Magnum ride. OMG! If you want an excitement and thrilling ride - get your 6 ride tickets ready!

With all due respect, it's nice to go the fair with less crowds, at night and not have to work as a demonstrator this year. :)

Cheers to the knit sisters who are demonstrating for AFY - obviously couldn't sign up to volunteer this year.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Hey girl where you been?

Beatriz said...

We had a good time at the Fair...I go once with friends just to eat and drink, and then I go again by myself just to look at the Home Arts displays/entries and usually that's the day I volunteer. It's worked out pretty well the last three years that way.

Anonymous said...

This summer has been crazy! And it still hasn't slowed down. I haven't had a chance to read your blog; Boyfriend? wow, am I out of the loop (Tim looks familiar, is he 'local'?). Your dot sweater is beautiful! Can't wait to see it completed. PLEASE come by the shop sometime when you are in town. Really miss you! Take care!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Reason #11 not to purchase a iphone: A three page phone bill with hundreds of dollars worth of charges! Becky told us last night she read about how the iphone bills are coming in and they are insane!!

Cheryl said...

Still the inmate of Detroit, miss being home and knitting with everyone. I am working on the right side of the poka-dot cardigan. Talk about crazy, everyone is starting to get cranky in this project! 5 weeks to go-live if we make it.

Anonymous said...

This article is truly a pleasant one it helps new web visitors, who are wishing
for blogging.

Feel free to visit my web site - laser cellulite treatment