14 September 2007

In Person Star Entourage

One more experience of star gazing....

While going through the security check at the Detroit airport, I realized that Stevie Wonder was in front of me being guided through as he walked through the scanner. Looked like a skinny body guard was behind him. I was thrilled! After the security check he was sitting in a chair while Northwestern attendants were standing around him. I walked on, hearing girls scream "Stevie" in the terminal; then watched him and the entourage circle around him as he joined me on the tram to the gate. Everyone in the tram car is saying, "That's Stevie Wonder!" as though he wasn't able to hear anyone whispering this. I proceeded to follow him down the escalators from the tram ride; I couldn't find the nerve to say anything since the entourage was around him along with a female companion - like I was going to hit on him, right.

It was quite a treat to be in the presence of such a master artist! I think that if I was in the same space as Tom Hanks I would definately pass out! What is the likelyhood of that happenening?

2 comments:

Becky said...

With as ofter as you travel, you just might meet Tom. We were just talking about him in Big last night. We had those little ears of corn.

Cheryl said...

That was a classic scene!