30 May 2009

Arrival of Wordly Possessions

Mid January was when my belongings were picked up in Ventura; just received them this past Monday here in Melbourne! So much for overseas shipping. Good thing I didn't pack actual furniture.

Now I can stop buying more yarn here in Albert Park - my stash has arrived! All bins: cashmere, wool and wool blends, silks, cottons, sock yarns galore! My other things e.g. jewelry, CD's, videos and DVD's are all in as well. Haven't checked out the quality of this medium yet since I dont have a DVD and CD player. Photo albums - when I was still taking 35mm....one album has my collection of photos for when I was first here in Melbourne, Sydney, the Outback and New Zealand. I was facinated in the old Victorian buildings here in Melbourne back then. What also is creepy that my hairstyle was the same back then - bobbed with bangs. Just my body is wider. Wow! Anyway, the stuff is now tucked away in my second bedroom. A comforter was immediately taken out for my bed since I am freezing at night: winter now. Took out Flo's quilt that she made me and I have that for my couch and comfy chair in the living room.

Was a bit apprehensive to receive this stuff in a way since I have gotten used to living without all those items. But I am glad the memories are here with me especially my 2 flutes. Thinking of joining a community concert group in Melbourne; if this job ever lets me out enough. The balance of isolation and want to be isolated is a challenge with this job. Also tough when I can't contact people in the US as much as I would hope. There is always a 2-way street of communcations! :)

Ta for now.

1 comment:

OnceADaydream said...

You still play the flute! How wonderful - that's how we met; what memories. Zoe, my daughter, is playing my old flute now.