08 October 2009

Holiday Time for Reflection

For those who are reading this blog.....I have completed my divorce from my employer with most items that I have requested. It's a matter of seeing the details fall into place as signed for, etc. for the remaining 6 weeks here.

Now my effort still entails obtaining my retirement fund from this country to roll over to my IRA and waiting for all finacial transactions complete with my bank account e.g. residual penalties for breaking my rental lease. I will be without a computer for some time until I get back to the States and find the time/funds to purchase one and get internet connectivity.

Melbourne is a wonderful city, there is no recession here. Australia is the first country to raise interest rates since they are doing very well here. Will be interesting going back to the States when I have lived in a higher cost of living where the economy is growing. In the meantime, I will try to enjoy Australia while I am still here.

Oh by the way....there are koalas in the wild just not in the city. This weekend I am excited to see the Philip Island penguins :)

See you when I get back to the States!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, had no idea about the "divorce" from work. Wishing you safe travel "home". Hope your yarn doesn't get held up in Melborne, like the move there from the U.S.. All good things for you in 2010, it will be here soon enough! Lisa

Cheryl said...

Thanks Lisa! The clock is ticking down so I am getting in Aussie trips while I can before departure. I will miss this place; not the job that brought me here.

Unknown said...

Cheryl, sorry about not being able to come to Australia to visit you but glad you are coming home. We will see you soon. Kim