12 March 2007

Tremendous Loss to Standup Comedy

Saturday, March 10 a man who makes people laugh seemed to have taken his own life at his residence in W. Hollywood. I saw him a couple times live and he is a very clever comedian with real-life situatons; didn't swear profusely which the reason why I liked him. I also used to work at the hospital they took him to. Small world now that I have been in it long enough. I will miss Richard Jeni, my best friend was in tears when I told her about the news on her voice message Sunday. She was the one that turned me on to him in the first place.

What was he doing with a gun? Sometimes the fame and success is too much for one. I like to keep a low profile myself as you can see why.

4 comments:

Becky said...

More than a feeling

Sadly, we lost Brad Delp this week to suicide also. He sang with the band Boston. His choice was carbon monoxide.

For those that find the pain of living unbearable they always find a way out.

As someone who suffers from depression I can certainly understand the desire to end ones life, but I don't condone it unless you are terminally ill. It's the ultimate act of selfishness.

Perhaps their pain has ended, but for those that cared for them, a lifetime filled with pain, doubt and regret has just begun.

Cheryl said...

Hey Becky - I got the hyperlink to work, thanks! I heard about Brad on the radio this week also.

Richard apparently was indeed suffering from depression that was recently diagnosed. Men seem to be more drastic in coping with this than women do..I guess it's because women are expected to accept this within themselves in society. It's a sissy thing if men admit to it.

Becky said...

Yeah, you did it.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.