16 June 2008

Recap of Vacation

Florida 2008:
Told my father about his Scimeca side of the family; that I am in touch with his nephews. I told him that they are responsible parents so things are working out well for them regardless of the relationship with his brother. I told him when my mother was not in earshot. He was ok with it after all!

Went to Epcot Center and Bush Gardens with my parents. My mother almost had a heat stroke at Bush since we were mostly outside and getting dehydrated from the heat. Otherwise, I enjoyed the quiet environment for my knitting and didn't take my laptop from work with me. I made my father a pair of socks (photo will be on Ravelry shortly) for Father's day. He loved them so I am working on monm's pair now.

Had dinner with my work colleague Frank. He makes great Italian sauce with sausages with casing. I bought him a bouquet of flowers before I arrived at his house; he insisted he is not gay. I said, "I know, put them in water!" He claimed he didn't have a container but he eventually found a biscotti ceramic jar and the flowers looked great on the table. Yes, I know he's not gay but it was as though I was in the house of Felix Unger of the Odd Couple. Holy shit if I didn't put the fucking lid down on the toilet after MY visit to the bathroom. No clutter, everything in it's place and prestine. He said his mother helped him with the interior decor which included nice draping and color combinations. He says he likes the color purple - the guest room. It's all about him in his surroundings. Had a great dinner, great minimal conversation while I was there but in the end it is all smoke and mirrors afterwards. He would rather be by himself because of himself. I must erase the memories!! I took a great photo of him over the stove, I forgot to take a photo of my flowers and now I am regretting that mistake. So much for my distraction of a potential relationship - WTF!!

Back to work and still not enjoying my time without the knit sisters. :(

No comments: