03 January 2008

Surrounded by Living Creatures

Today marks the first day that I have adopted 2 tortoise shell colored female adult cats from the Humane Society. They both came to me when I called for them and remembered me the next day in the place so they were the winners to come home with me. Freckles (larger one) actually stretched up on my leg to greet me when she saw me come into the pen to visit today. Ditto has a knickname "little shit" already. She demonstrates her timid and loving behavior at the place but did the following coming home: soiled herself (#2) in the cat carrier, started scratching my couch, snarled at Freckles when she came near and ate the majority of the food I poured out in 2 bowls. Ditto is supposed to be 15 months old while Freckles is 3-4 years. Maturity has certainly been noticed but bottom line they are both very sweet and enjoy attention like any cat that wants human contact. They look like bookends in this photo; waited for them to settle down after trolling my home for > 4 hours.




They definately have made themselves at home; they came from someone else's before so I guess they remember what it's like. It's good to have furry shadows following me around the house again :)



Here is another living creature that I am amazed. A Trader Joe's bought orchid that can produce such a beautiful bloom. Looks obscene but I love the crystal-like elements on the petals.

2 comments:

Becky said...

The kitties are georgeous and the orchid as well.

None of my cats enjoy the cat carrier.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new babies! I have 3 and love them to pieces. :)