31 December 2007

Another New Year Coming

What have I accomplished this past 2007 calendar year?

Personal Life: Found out that I can overcome my fear of intense social chaos in my knitster group. I call it my group therapy with my knitting buddies. Now I can pick out the social distortions or anomalies that penetrate the flow.

Something Cool: For about 4 months, I had a mini-leased car in Detroit for my road warrior project. The car was a Dodge Charger with only 2 miles on the odomter out of the Avis rental lot. The ride was smooth with very comfortable cushion seats; bucket in the front and molded in the back. Wow is that car fast and handles turns on a dime!









Accomplishments at work: I got one out of 2 databases live for a major software upgrade for a very large client with personal hardships that I had to sacrifice for that project. Come to find out that I am "difficult to work with" in the West region from a couple of executive managers. London and Detroit report no such problem in fact am an asset. This proves to me how the West coast management have personality issues and don't know the f#$%k is going on in projects since I ask too many questions. It's a threat to their competance. I suppose some day I should work for myself. There is an option to work overseas again in Australia. However if they can't deploy me closer to my home due to personality issues, I can always stay home and knit on conference calls while getting paid. :)

Marital Status: Status quo - my attempts twice to have a meaningful relationship has failed twice. My choice in life is not to choose detrimental situations long-term when I see them. I seem to be an organizer but not one to have to "hold the bag" every time. The opportunity for meeting men is a zero.


What am I planning to do for 2008?

Personal Life: Stay away from peeps that make me feel uncomfortable. I pick up quickly on the "fat girl personality". These are the women that I have met that seem to go above and beyond to think I am their best friend. Their way of 'game playing' attempts to hit my vulnerability manipulating their paradigm to their benefit; never mind what it takes to get there even if it's imposing on me or others around me. Their social sense of reality is not the same as mine (and I have definately worked on mine to get where I am). Hanging out with this personality is going backwards for me. Bottom line - avoiding the creepiness and manipulations.

Something Cool: My next new car will be a Dodge Charger.

Accomplishments at work: continue to leave the burden of my company to deploy me in the appropriate location from my home. I am eligible for a 4 week sabbitcal this coming year. Hazzah! Time to finaly plan that photo safari in the Serengeti.

Marital Status: will attempt to find a wine tasting club where there are male species in the mix. I love hangning out with the knitsista's but everyone seems to "belong" to someone else. No expectations; just need to sharpen up on the dating scene sometime in my "bucket list".

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a dodge caliber & I LOVE it! The Charger is the sedan version of my car & I can totally see why you would want one :)

If you find a wine club let me know! I've been looking for the same thing! :)
-Preita

Becky said...

That car does look awesome.

You should try Enoteca Toscana on Ventura Blvd in Camarillo. They have wine tasting on Tuesdays and although I am not a wine expert, I've read some great reviews.