10 December 2007

Untagging Myself

Rules for being tagged:
Here’s the deal: Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged. So here we go. *some restrictions may apply.

So here are my 8 rantings of life since Becky tagged me:

1. I see myself living through cycles in this lifetime. "For everything, turn, turn....For every season, turn,turn" you get the idea. My hobbies & priorities have changed from precious gems, to international travel to homeownership, sewing and then there is crocheting/knitting. Workwise: uppward mobile R.N. that strives to not be pigeon-holed in one role or skill thus my career jumps x3. I didn't get a degree in Nursing for this very thought. Therefore it reflects in my easy sense of boredom from the daily routine. Working with software has definately kept me in me the loop of constant change. The downside is that working with software as a job loses the novelty of perusing through the internet to various websites. I hope others don't think I have abandoned the techy world; I am just heading for retirement all around from software (work). I even posted my dislike of keeping up with the technical items e.g. iPhone earlier in this blog. I guess if I was a professional basket-weaver with nothing else to do in a day, I would be "pinging" people all day every day!

2. When I was 10 years old, I succumbed to viral pneumonia; not bacterial. We all know viri stays with you until death. I was wondering why a cold wasn't getting better. Laying in bed flat for 5-6 weeks straight was my routine - now you see where my sense of boredom came from in #1. The only thing I could do at that age was watch day-time TV all day long. Needless to say I am sick and tired of "Bozo's Circus". "Bozo's Circus is on the air! (marching music..)". After a couple weeks, my thoughts at that age "Cram it clown!"

3. As a result for being a good girl recovering from viral pneumonia, I received pierced ears from a painful method - training earring where points were piercing into the tissue slowly. My mother thought that if I suffered that long in bed, I can suffer longer with slow torture piercing into my earlobes. I also acquired the lovely allergy to Penicillin with all of the high-doses I received with pneumonia. And last but not least, everytime I get a cold, I have respiratory symptoms regardless where the cold started. Bronchitis sometimes arises and allergies > asthma is now in my medical history from living in the high desert area. My move back to the coastal beach areas is the best condition I can live in California - poor me :)

4. During my Nursing School days, I took a job on weekends to work as a Nurse's Aid in a Catholic retirement home. Most of the residents don't talk or walk; just exist since their families didn't want to take care of them in that condition. Party animal me at that age didn't think what it was like to work under Nuns. The amitious me showed up one weekend day without being scheduled to help out. The Nun in that wing was surprised and pleased that I was there, I think. That evening, I partied to long and didn't wake up for the next day to help again - unscheduled. That Nun fired my ass because I didn't show up (but I wasn't really scheduled!). The administrator told me my fate and said, "That's the way it is". Lesson learned - since I am not Catholic I stay away from Nuns no matter where I am.

5. Have to admit that I am a bit of a control freak - for my destiny. This is probably why I haven't married. With a spouse, you are dealt a known deck of cards. But time goes by and the cards change without my awareness - Phuey! This goes the same for having children. Thank goodness there are you guys out there that want to contribute to the gene pool. Since I have no idea what genetics I carry for medical issues (if any) I will stay out of the blame for spoiling that gene pool.

6. I am ready for a roadtrip up to Cambria, CA. Last time I tried to plan one with people, there were reasons to not go. My philosophy is "I can do that" (see post from Pike Place Market experience). The goal is to stay with circles that are not negative in any sense. If I cannot do something, I don't bother to say I will and then change my mind later when I wasn't sure to begin with.

7. Is Christmas 2007 over yet?

8. I am learning to be patient with those that are less fortunate as me: intellectually/financially, etc. I see myself blessed for where I am in this world and I am doing it my way!

People I tag - VISTA won't let me attach a link and save it to your name :( so here is my list of peeps:

Becky (back at ya!)
Ann Koretz
Leslie Progue
Elizabeth Shen
Sandy Lothes
Nancie Paquin
Beatriz Ruettgers
Maryann Cotta

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll go to Cambria ANY day.

When do we leave?

ldp

Becky said...

Okay what the hell is a slow ear piercing method?

And please be patient with me as I am mentally handicapped.

Cheryl said...

Slow piering on training earrings: They were hoops with a pointed end to pierce on one end and the other end was a small loop for the pointed needle to go through when it was through the earlobe. Had to put lots of alcohol to keep it clean during that process and I remember having to squeeze them so they will pierce through faster. Fun times as a kid. That is claimed as child abuse these days.