04 September 2008

Another Summer - Another Turning of the Page

It's been a while since I posted here as I have been through a hiatus of "psychological realignment". I realized that I have been trying too hard to win over others that are truly out of my league; at the same time I am trying to keep others that are trying too hard to win me at arms length. Strange balancing act. No wonder I love animals, they are much easier to be around and there is always the unconditional love that is predictable. I do know who my friends are and I have to admit that I am not a social butterfly yet an event organizer with friends.

Been distracted in knitting in the summer with this hiatus but now I am back into working 3-4 projects simultaneously. I decided that I am going for apparel where I can try selling them in local boutiques. You think, who would pay that much money for hand knitted items when the yarn is already expensive? Well, I will try to give it a shot based on my favorite items: cables and shawls. Sock knitting was fun while working with size 0 needles but I need to get back to items that will be marketable. Socks are more of a personal item; like underwear :)

I saw "A Chorus Line" this past weekend with my friend Camille in Orange County - nice production but the orchestra was over bearing at times for the performers' solo singing. I also had lunch with Flo, Nancie, Terry and Preita at the new location of Brophy Brothers in Ventura Harbor.


The weekeend before that I ran into Beatriz at Cold Spring Tavern. What a cool historical place in a Santa Barbara canyon. It's a great place for people wathcing with all the bikers; both motorcycle and cyclists.

Hey - kinda boring but who is really reading this for fun anyway? ;)

No comments: