30 September 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

During my wonderful birthday celebration I didn't realize that yet again someone got a hold of my corp credit account (Diners MasterCard) and shopped accordingly:

Sep-20-2008 ROSS STORES #125 SAN FRANCISCO CA $ 176.72
Sep-20-2008 NORDSTROM #0427 Q18 SAN FRANCISCO CA $ 250.00
Sep-22-2008 RADIOSHACK COR00138552 SANTA ROSA CA $ 410.39
Sep-22-2008 SAFEWAY STORE00015628 SANTA ROSA CA $ 200.00
Sep-22-2008 SAFEWAY STORE00015628 SANTA ROSA CA $ 209.18

I traced it back from a phone call I made to a seedy Indian restaurant; they overcharged my card for a meal I had there the weekend before. That was my going away present for being up there one more time for the client. "Tandoor" restaurant charged me for the base and then again including my tip on the charge slip - those bastards!! I called them 9/12/08 and referred to the invoice # transaction and whalah! Fraudulent charges. No wonder our economy is the way it is. Diners closed the card, my work is aware of this event for the second time on their corporate card!!!


On a lighter note, I completely enjoyed my past weekend Knitting Retreat away with the knitting ladies of Ventura County (and one from Huntington Beach). We rented a huge house for the weekend (back in April) for this wonderful gathering. I wanted to be in a sleeping room where nobody snores since I am very light sleeper. Ended up in a room with 2 other twin beds. One night the latest person to join the group woke me up snoring, the second my other roomate. Both claim they didn't know they snore...LOL Anyway my feedback after the 2nd night is that if we were there a third night, I would be the one snoring. So instead of calling it the "no snoring room"; I call it the "part-time snoring room".

2 acronyms for knitting:
SABLE
Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy

SEX
Stash Enhancement eXpedition

Both very much in my real of this knitting addiction. I proceeded to buy even more yarn: Noro Blossom in Cambria. This is discontinued yarn that I thought I would never see any more of. So what do I do? Scoop! We enjoyed the different knitting skills that was brought to the table as we shared different techniques/idea, etc. The enthusiasm is great that we will get together again same time next year. Since Stephanie doesn't want to facilitate it again I volunteered for this undertaking next year.

1 comment:

Beatriz said...

Identity theft again?! Happy Birthday!