20 June 2007

Hostage Experience in Motorcity

My client has expressed that things have slowed down for not being here for 3 weeks in a row, so I will call this my "hostage project" from now on. Love how they bitch about it but they can't seem to give me specifics on why they think this project is behind because I have vacations like other people.

This past weekend in hostage quarters, I did manage to visit a pottery and glass craft fair. Boothes and boothes of crafty glass and pottery creations. It all started looking the same; unfortunately I am sure a non-knitter would be feeling the same for shopping in a yarn store. The highlight at the fair was a twisty ice cream cone in the midst of the hot summer day and the live band playing 70's dance and booggie music. I didn't manage to get the name of the band but they were a great copy band that played disco, Michael Jackson, EW&F, Gloria Gaynor, etc. Check out the pics - I hung out with them for the rest of my stay at this fair.


Polyester outfits with large printed shirts and afro wigs!


....with platform shoes....


He appeared when "Super Freak" started...he was dancing and twisting his limbs around with anyone else who was dancing. The audience ended up laughing and staring...brought me back home again :)





Can't forget my progress and commitment to poka dots!

No comments: