02 June 2007

Now for my Next Magic Trick...

Here is my next challenge of life - my first button-down summer sweater with the fairisle (intarsia really) technique. April and I have bought the same book, same yarn and same pattern; hers being different colors. I have adjusted the size to work with different yarn than the pattern calls for and away I go. I have a short torso therefore shortened the bottom ribbing. It took me a bit of time to remember how to change off the colors but I finally have the rhythm!



Yeah - I look like her, right!




So pumping along while staying in Pismo Beach. All of a sudden I realized that I didn't look at the whole pattern for the correct inches for my wide body. Guess what? Had a ripping event; here is how far I got before I realized I had to start all over again.

6 comments:

April said...

Yours looks great - can't wait to get started on mine! I'll be sure to post pics on my blog too and at least have a swatch done by next week - no school makes that a much more accomplishable task! Sorry I missed the BBQ - that looked like a lot of fun! APril

Beatriz said...

Wow...those colors are going to look great on you. And beautiful project choice...as usual.

Becky said...

Wow, very cool. I like the color combo.

My face is no longer swollen but I have a big bruise on my jawline.

See you soon.

Cheryl said...

Becky - that jaw bruise must be annoying as much as painful when trying to eat on that side. It will take a while for the accumulated blood to reabsorb; hang in there!

Laura said...

that freakin sweater start is absolutely gorgeous... and the dots are so uniform!!!

Unknown said...

very awesome sweater. cool color combo. too bad about the ripping. it makes me cringe just thinking about it.