09 June 2007

International Knit in Public can be "Dangerous"

I truly enjoyed today with Lisa, Nancie, Terry and Stepanie in SB for the Int'l Knit in Public day. We met some of the SB knitters that also meet on Thursday evenings together. After working on only two rows of my poka-dot sweater, I became chilled while sitting there; perhaps due to the anticipation of going to B.B.'s Knits for the going out of business sale - everything 50% off!

Well, off we go at 3 PM for the hunt. Between the five of us, we spent $2943.41 exactly from our multiple purchases. Some of use bought all in one visit to the register; others took multiple visits to the register. I was the winner for spending $1128.31. Pictures tell the story.


Here I am overseeing the two large shopping bags of inventory to purchase.


Here is a box of "gems" to the tune of $300 - 100% cashmere! ChaChing goes the register.


B.B. asks me if I really wanted to purchase the box of cashmere...I didn't think twice - Nancie didn't think I was going to do it; Terry knew I was commited!


Me hunter and gatherer; all in a good day's euphoria. This is a moment where I am very happy to not have to answer to a spouse on what I spend my money on. What will I make with all of this? Only time will tell ;) Thank you ladies for a wonderful day!

8 comments:

April said...

Are you kidding me - I missed a 50% off sale - DAMMMNNIT! I managed to spend a large chunk on my own today, but sadly not on yarn. =(

Unknown said...

wow. you got a lot of swag for $112. beautiful colors!!

Shen-gri-la said...

Oh man...cashmere....

....though I still have some I bought (also at a sale) a few years ago....

....mostly I look at it once in a while and smile.

Happy knitting....

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I am glad I left after I checked out before you, I don't think my heart could have taken seeing that total! At half off no less! That was a damn good haul!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
Hate to tell you but I went back on Wednesday and spent another $700. So I'm over $1200 now.
The gauntlet has been thrown ladies.

Beatriz said...

I wish I could have spent more time with you all (you, Lisa, Nancie, Terry, and Stephanie)...I finally made it over yesterday. It's so much more fun with knitters in crime!!

Beatriz said...

Your haul is to be envied, btw! You made out like a bandit.

Becky said...

Have you started to knit anything with the cashmere yet?