23 December 2008

Chaos and Pain Cont'd

For a while today I thought I lost Ditto. She was running away from me when I was trying to groom her. One of her eyes is draining - just like the symptom of a cold, still sneezing, etc. She finally showed up wanting to sleep; I think she had her 'walkabout'. Tomorrow morning is when I sedate both cats for the plane ride to Florida.

Transferred yarn from a bin to the rubbermaid garbage can. I do have yarn, needles and knitting books to sell in my house sale. I can't believe that I had a box of floppy discs with data on them in that garbage can. Does anyone remember that media?

Called Abednego Book, a recycling place, and scheduled a pickup of all of my books (including old textbooks from school) Friday Jan.2.

Called AMEX - have to schedule cancelation of account when the next billing cycle is over (mid-Jan 2009)

Decided that I will not pack anything more so in the house so people can see what I have e.g. in the kitchen. I get the feeling that there will be a mess of clothes and shit everywhere when people pick through the box of items now.

Contacted PVS International and asked for the Phillipine woman, Bles, who I spoke to yesterday about my passport situation. The reason I know she is Phillipine is becaused I recognize the accent and the lack of understanding of communication when she was on the phone with me today. She said that they can't find my diplomas - I interrupted her and said that I didn't send diplomas, I am looking for my passport. Had to re-explain the situation again to her since she proceeded to cut me off in my explanation. Some customer service. She put me on hold for a moment and said "My manager said that they have retrieved your passport but they didn't process the VISA..." DUH!! I should have asked for the fucking manager!! Bles proceeded to ask if I want to express process the VISA. I proceeded to lose my temper and stated why it it not necessary to exrpess process, talking in a robot manner so she would not interrupt me anymore. I think it was the accent that was disturbing me since it reminded me of my bedside nursing days working with those Phillipine nurses. Language barrier and they didn't seem to have appropriate affect in people skills because of it. Clearly they had their sex pronouns reverse..that was fun to always correct.

Onward...have to go the bank for the car transfer documents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what yarn, needles & books are you selling? I want in. lol

Merry Christmas, have a great visit in Florida!