29 December 2008

Traveling with Animals and other Mishaps

Christmas Eve: Hell started when I couldn't get Freckles to take the sedation med easily. Then arrived late to the small commuter airport in Oxnard. They couldn't fly both animals since they claimed one will freeze in cargo but my reservation didn't have both cats on the file. Dumbass United strikes again! As I missed the early morning flight at 6 AM I am trying to keep my temper at a medium burn as I lost count of how many times the female agents said, "You need to get here earlier to process these animals...", no matter how many times I kept answering - "you don't have them on the reservation so how does this matter?" Even after I called the customer service line to get the cats on the reservation, the counter agent said that statement ONE MORE TIME!! I ignored her based on the fact that her ignorance must be her fucking bliss. Very stressful start of the holiday season to say the least. Had to drive my vehicle to LAX and park it here, take their lot shuttles to United counter and check Freckles in thru the 'Odd Size' counter. (Don't have my camera cable and my own PC to upload the photos so they will come in another post.) Have to admit, the sedation worked for Ditto, she didn't squeak a peep out of her during the whole 5 hour flight time. When Freckles was brought out, she was screaming and she did soil herself. Good thing I had the cushiony bed with thick bumpers inside the kennel for absorption and protection. It was like traveling with a padded psych kennel for her.

My work PC had a problem with the keyboard so I called before I left on the trip to have my company send me a laptop shell to switch out my hardrive into the shell that is supposed to work. They ended up sending me a defective one; didn't try this out fully until I sent my old one back via FedEx by then. Called them again and they want my hardrive and shell all sent to them before they send it out again. Had to pay for packing materials since this shipping place in Florida ran out of the computer boxes. FedEx label doesn't account for the shipping (bubble wrap/peanuts) materials. Now I have to face how I am to expense that with my company - it was their fault for putting me through this mishap.

Otherwise, I am resting as much as possible knowing that I have a major house sale this weekend. People are already calling to see if they can come by before the weekend. The nerve of these people. I don't get it - they will be the ones that don't buy anything; just make the noise to sound important. Well, I think the boxed up stuff that I want to put through the sale will remain boxed up for people to rummage through. I am not planning to spend lots of time to display things out in an organized fashion. Sorry, this is a moving sale not a 'get rid of my knick/knacks' sale.