23 December 2008

Chaos and Pain

This is all really happening. As you will see reading through this, socializing is extremely limited for me here on out. I have no significant other or family members to help me with this big move. Unless I receive offers to help out with these arrangements, I will not be able to visit with people before my departure. Somehow I don't think others see this as a big loss for the given effort. This is a tremendous uprooting of my life and it hit me emotionally when they hauled my Miata away.

This past weekend, I had a couple friends over (Stephanie and Betsy) to help me go through my stuff in boxes, cubbie holes and closets sorting out what I want to ship with me and what I want to give away/sell. 2 sets of neighbors came over to look through my house; I sold both my TV's!!

Going through the memories was not as bad as I thought. Realizing that I can't fit into many of the clothes sitting in the "other" closet was a 'crack-heroine' dream that I would be that small again. Then my "Scooter" was picked up to ship to Florida - now I know this is REALLY happening!









Current accomplishments:
-Got the cats vaccines, tested sedation on them with a result of Ditto with a slight cold with sneezing. She will be in the cabin with me. United carrier only allows one animal in the cabin and others in cargo. They both have their Revolution heartworm monthly dose to start.

-Contacted Battered Women's charity to schedule a pickup for my leftover junk Jan. 8

-Sorted out the things shipping with me and the others for the big moving sale and charity give-aways. Filled 2 trash cans and accumulating garbage in bags within the house. Bedrooms are pretty much cleared out with furniture standing and boxes for the moving sale for people to pick through.

-Contacted PVS International twice to see what happened to my passport; they have not retrieved it yet from Tanzania Embassy; I haven't seen my return receipt back from the mail. So my password is really MIA!!

-Placed an ad in The Ventura County Star classifieds to advertise my moving sale; it will run this weekend and the sale weekend: Jan. 3/4, 2009.

-Got more large packing boxes from U-Haul since I ran out of them packing so far.

-Contacted E.J. Harrison to schedule a dumpster Jan. 9 in front of my house for a week to unload all of my shit and leftovers by then.

-Saw my allergist to get prescription of allergy meds before I leave. I will not mention the cost to fill it; another expense to move out of this country...

The cats are enjoying the mountain of boxes.





I am glad they are enjoying this while I lay sore and stiff in bed after packing/moving boxes. Meanwhile the dust is kicking up from the stuff so my allergies are going crazy.

Things to pack before or after the moving sale:
-The whole kitchen including 3 sets of dishware, 2 sets of cookware and sort through food items to spare tupperware for sale, possibly shipping with me. Will pack leftovers from sale for charities.

-Garage items; fortunately things are still in boxes but there is a rubbermaid garbage can full of sewing fabrics and scraps to sort through. I may shift my yarn stash into this can instead of the separate bins (another task to take care of)


Things yet to do:
-Figure a price to sell my Accord
-Cancel my credit card and utilities (Jan. 10)
-Scan my diplomas and passport (when I get it back) for Australia office and immigration
-Contact AAA in Florida to set up an insurance policy for Scooter while my parents have it on their driveway. (Florida visit)
-Cancel my car insurance when I sell the Honda
-Check to see if my mail can be forwarded to Melbourne
-Contact Tag Gilbert for rental arrangements (Jan. 5)
-Contact Pete for shipping arrangements (awaiting airfare arrangements)
-Order a Western School course to continue my 30 CEU's for RN licensure (receive before I leave)
-Contact more charities to pick up my leftover/rejected furniture
-Pick up car transfer of ownership papers for both cars from safety deposit (12/23)


More to come....my rare moment of zhen

No comments: