18 December 2008

The Heat is Turning up

Me again....a day after my kitties' vaccinations where they have been lethargic all night and didn't wake me up this morning - what a shock! They still seem to be recovering from the stuff. They have difficulties jumping up places they normally have been. Wait until I have to do a trial sedation dosing Monday before I travel to Florida.

Made arrangements to have my Miata (Scooter) picked up and shipped to my parents home in Florida. Hopefully it will make it there when I am still visiting with them. Went out for a leisure drive up Casitas Canyon roads with Scooter; one of my last drives in "my baby". Bought the new faucet for the bum bathroom to be replaced by my plummer Jeremy tomorrow.

Sat in on a conference call with my future Australian colleagues to find out what I need to cover while the person who is sort of covering is going on holiday for 4 weeks. Called the International VISA place for my African safari trip because I realized that I sent it to the wrong place! Soooo my passport is MIA!! I cannot state when I will be going to Australia - that was not intentional, just hasty on getting a required process going and big mistake. Austalia will have to wait for me....still needing to pack up my belongings. At this point I will have to give all my stuff away since nobody has called to come by and peruse through my place. Hey it's Christmas...why the hell would anyone want used shit anyway - who has money? Stephany has volunteered to help me go through my stuff on Saturday to get started - motivation is what I need right now to sort through my life here.

Oh then there is my current client work....Bakersfield client doesn't know I am leaving this project and will be extremely mad according to my project executive. It's nice to know that I bring value in my work but it's time for the challenging adventure overseas! I prepared a presentation for the project and set up the conference call with them for tomorrow - snap!! I get the feeling it will not be this easy in Australia with the different culture and terminologies.

Spoke to my cousin Tom now that he knows my news of moving overseas. He will start trucking school Monday to get his CDL for driving. Hopefully he will get employed soon - hard times in American economy.

More tomorrow and weekend to come:
-Must get new boxes to start the packing process
-Sort through papers and memorabilia to store in Scooter shipping to Florida
-Figure out price for selling Honda Accord
-Call PVS International to see if they received my fax to retrieve my passport in the Tanzanian Embassy (Washington, DC)
-Possibly purchase Nursing CEU course for CA RN license renewal: something I have to accomplish during my sabbatical month

The list is getting shorter but the time to execute any real move items is tremendously overwhelming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the problem is that no one knows what you are putting up for sale?

Clock is ticking down, very exciting! :D