01 December 2008

How do I Love to Spend Money - Let me Count the Ways

Today was the start of my sewer line investigation. Plummers are digging up the front of my yard to see how the sewage is draining. A camera was probed a couple weeks ago and couldn't see something after a certain point. Found out why...there is a clay juncture of pipe heading into the large Indian Laurel tree/sidewalk of my yard and it is installed higher than the main drainage coming from the house. No wonder I tend to see water not drain as quickly - reverse gravity. Having this problem around a large tree with penetrating roots, well I have no sympathy for such a healthy tree. I told the guy that if you accidentally kill the tree, I would not be disappointed - think it can happen? Not in this lifetime.
They have to saw through many thick roots around the piping to get what they see. So we have to wait until tomorrow for another camera view and possibly digging further up toward my house to see how the piping looks and possibly dig that section deeper for the downflow drainage - chaching! More money to spend!!





Well before this trauma of my home ownership woes, I did manage to visit Wildfiber in Santa Monica Saturday for their big 30-50% off on yarn sale. Got myself another boatload of expensive yarn for my stash. I came up to the register and told her, "I am working on blowing my house payment every time I come here". The owner didn't care but the customer behind totally agreed on my comment.
The shiny hanks of yarn with red tags are 100% bamboo and it's like knitting with silk - love it! Making the Romantic Lace shawl with the Scarlett color.




Oh yes, can't forget my trip to Loop & Leaf where I picked up a special ordered Sea Wool Blue Lagoon to match the one I bought before...well, the color was completely darker but I got the skein anyway for a scarf/shawl project. The original skein I started with the Coin Lace Scarf - a pattern I have been waiting for a long time from the designer Shui Kuen Kozinski.
Definately blocking is in order for both of these projects with the stiff fiber contents.

Meanwhile I got surprising news from my friend Frank the handsome Italian friend (Felix Unger). He is flying out to visit me this weekend! I can't believe he is actually wanting to stay here for a weekend. I guess he misses me ;) I suppose it's as weird as having this double-headed bloom out of a single stalk of this bird of paradise.

2 comments:

Beatriz said...

Good luck with the sewer plumbing...hope it can be fixed! Wow...you went yarn shopping this weekend. I missed all those sales.

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Nowadays, I feel good, I begin to get real money.
It's all about how to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]