09 January 2009

Cave of Doom

Yesterday was a bad day...I was feeling overwhelmed again and there wasn't much around me; just paperwork to process my VISA and employement that they only sent to me the evening before. "Hurry up and sign this Cheryl, because we are non compliant with the immigration legislation with the 'electronic visa' ". Of course it's my fault for not signing quickly as I am in the midst of many other personal business that I alone am taking care of. The damn paperwork was faxed and sent over the key stakeholders. Let's see how fast they can process this work VISA for my entry. Or else I may be leaving later than I think.

With the suggestion of Camille, I stayed in a hotel room with my many hotel points in town. I have to admit, I did finally get a decent night's sleep. Only back to the cave of doom. Max, the Disabled Vet representative finally showed up with his son to pick up the remaining large pieces of furniture - I am only left with a 3x3 bookshelf, cocktail table and the table where the large TV is on. Cocktail table is going to Stephanie; TV table going to Mark. I will be staying at the Marriott again Mon-Thursday before I leave for sleeping comfort. It's a matter of really clearing out the remaining stuff I want to ship. Shipping folks are scheduled to pick up my stuff on the 14th.

Battered Women Thrift charity came to pick up ALL the remaining junk that I had left over from the home sale. I rescheduled another pickup for next week to get the kitchen stuff that I am still using until then (dishware, glassware, etc.).

Had visits from a handyman and a painter to get this place rental ready - you can imagine that I have had lots of traffic through here and I burned out! Signed paperwork with Tag Gilbert to get the rental management going. Just have to give him bank deposit slips, keys and the door opener when I am out of here. Painting and handywork is scheduled for Tuesday next week. Tag told me there is already an interested party to look at the place. The garbage dumpster arrived this morning. I had to knock on my neighbor's door to get them to move their truck parked where I want the dumpster. Found out that my next door neighbor is paying $1800/month rent for a place that had drain problems and the heat doesn't work! I think I am fair on what I am asking for this place that has a locked shed for storage, large and landscaped backyard, heating and all major appliances. Not to mention a newly fixed sewage line to the street.

Things I have yet to do:

-Call Ventura City to report abandoned car in front of my house; leaking fluids under the engine (I can tell it has been there too long!)
-Doctor's appt in L.A. for immigration process (Monday)
-Pay the TV cable bill when it arrives
-Pay the home owner's insurance
-Check on the Aussie bank affiliation with BofA
-Complete the Honda transaction and send Miata plates and Honda transfer form into DMV
-Call Western Schools to see if they can send a course to Mark's address; will work on this in March when I return
-Call Firestation to see if they can take my hazardous materials off this property
-Pack one more box of my remaining things to ship overseas

2 comments:

Dogmommy4 said...

Well, Cheryl, the day is rapidly approaching. "D"eparture - I'll bet you'll get strapped into that comfy airplane seat and pass out from exaustion! Its been nice "getting to know you" [insert Debbie Reynolds' voice here], as brief as it was. I look forward to reading about your adventures Down Under. Say Hello to Melborne for us! I hope someday to get back there for another visit. Travel safe - take it easy - and I hope to knit with you and influence other peoples yarn purchases again some day!!
Ginny Deppe

Cheryl said...

Thank you Ginny! Or should I call you Virginia (?) I am tickled that you are reading this madness.