11 January 2009

Closure and Exhaustion

Things accomplished:
-Cleaned out the corners of my house for another Battered Women pickup and trash
-Signed papers for rental property management with Tag Gilbert
-Collected hazardous materials on the property for appropriate disposal
-Felt exuberant when trashing items into the dumpster in the front of the house
-Scheduled a dinner with Stephanie Scott Sunday evening; one is scheduled for Tuesday with Preita
-Sorting through more things to ship and now sorting on what I need to travel with on flight
-Received notification that the electronic "Business Electronic Travel Authority" is available; a paperless visa which does not allow me to work there yet until I get the Subclass 457 approved
-Scheduled my required x-ray and exam to complete Subclass 457 VISA to work Down Under
-Closed my AMEX account

Camille came over again yesterday to help out in the remaining items to trash, sort or take home with her as well. It's amazing on how much us humans cling to in life. Have to remember that what I am shipping to Australia will need to ship back with me when I return. This means I need to watch what I am accumulating in the next 4 years or else I will have to sell or give away the crap again.

I have now parsed out what is left for me to do before I leave Thursaday evening:

Monday
-Obtain 5 passport photos for my Clinic medical exam
-Call City Hall to report abandoned car in front of my house that is now leaking fluid under the engine (hope it's not human body fluid!)
-Also ask City Hall on where I can dispose of hazardous materials (Mark has volunteered to take this box but I said I will hold it to understand where it should be disposed)
-Check on what Australian bank is affiliated with BofA
-Contact TSA to make sure I can flight internationally with my knitting needles
-Go to my clinic appointment for the 457 VISA requirement
-Initiate hotel stays at Marriott

Tuesday
-Fax needed medical forms for 457 VISA process completion
-Pay Charter cable and E.J Harrison (garbage disposal) on last remaining charges
-Call Western Schools for course order for R.N. continuing ed
-Pack clothes and immediate items for the flight; ensure all shipping items are counted including my window coverings
-Humane Society for donations

Wednesday
-Return foam to my neighbor (that was a life saver for sleeping on the floor)
-Give the large TV to same neighbor; won't be watching TV after this point
-Complete Honda transaction and obtain rental car
-Dispose of all remaining food items in fridge
-Hilford shipping pickup
-Sort through remaining paperwork and bills
-Accomplish anything left over from Monday and Tuesday

Thursday
-DMV for both vehicle transfer
-Obtain bank deposit slips for Tag; cash for the next 2 months of my life
-Deliver keys, door opener and bank slips to Tag Gilbert
-Return rental car
-Transport to LAX!!!

Life here in Ventura County is definately coming to a closure. I am exhausted and hope to look forward to a full day of sleep when I am in Melbourne Astra Apartments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any metal needles under 6" are fine. Use circ's & you will be golden. My BIL works for the department of homeland security so I've asked all these questions quite a few times. :)