06 January 2009

Still not Official but am Living the Vida Loca!

T-9 days to go in the US and Australia doesn't have my Employment Agreement ready for my signature. Meanwhile, other folks are asking for my immigration stuff to process and inform me that I cannot travel to Australia until they are completed. I already booked by flight to leave 15th and that seems to be threatened. Then I proceed to get another message saying to keep my travel plan as booked; hopefully my immigration stuff will come through by the time I arrive. Do you suspect someone in retainment in Melbourne airport on the 17th Aussie time?

St. Vincent De Paul Thrift shop finally arrive to pick up my remaining furniture and state that they cannot take anything apart since the don't have tools. Jan 14 is a rescheduled date for them to come out and they want the entertainment center taken apart and my bedroom set out in the same room so they can pick it all up. I think I will take the Center and the mirror off the bedroom dresser but will not move the furniture all in one room! For goodness sakes....I am giving these and my nice patio furniture to them for free, fuck them for a compromise.

Pete my shipping coordinator has informed me on the pricing and scheduled a date to pick up my stuff that is packed and stowed in my shed. The 15th is the date that all my stuff will be picked up and will ship arriving in April into Melbourne.

Rolled up all my pennies and brought them to the bank for another deposit.

Packing up other things for the Battered Women charity for Thursday...having hard time packing up my last set of cookware when I have a fridge full of food to eat up. Went to Trader Joe's to get milk for my cereal and ended up getting more food to cook while I am still here :P

Last night I slept on firm foam that was provided by my neighbor instead of sleeping on the hard carpeting. Oh, I had a wonderful night sleep! Until my dodgy left hip woke me up in the middle of the night again in pain. Can't wait for Australia to make myself walk this pain out. It is strange to sleep in an empty house, it will be to the point that I may want to really want to get out of here by next week anyway. Problem is that my kitchen is still fully loaded with living ammenities. Must clear this out by this weekend!

Faxed my passport for electronic form for Australia immigration process; not that clear but it's the best that can be done for now...waiting for copies of my diplomas that I accidentally put in the box shipped in my Miata. My parents are sending the photocopies to me so I can fax those as well for Australia immigration. I guess they need proof that I am an educated woman. Sent my updated internal resume to Australia office; guess they need that for the HR records like all employees.

No comments: