05 January 2009

Swarming Locust & The Point of no Return

More things accomplished:
-Booked Qantas flight to Melbourne to depart evening of 1/15/09; my time is truly limited here
-Emailed Tag Gilbert to get the home rental situation going
-Sorted out what to be sold versus trashed; still calling charities for pickups
-Finally received my passport back from PVS International with my African VISA; now I cannot find my diplomas that I set out to copy with my passport for the Aussie immigration process. If it's one thing I can find, I lose something else in this chaos.
-Finalized the Geico car insurance application for my Miata in Florida
-Paid my property tax; completing the year until the next statement for 2009
-Contacted and met my shipping coordinator, Pete, who will find out the cost effective means of my things to be shipped and to arrive when I will be back there post Africa
-Conducted the big house purge sale; completed brain fried from being overstimulated. People swarming all around me and in all my cupboards trying to buy even things I am still using. (Note: I am NOT a garage sale seller or buyer)
-Discontinued my home phone service since my phones were sold in my home sale
-Transferred my reward points from AMEX and Diners to hotel points for free stays, these accounts will be closed soon
-Sold my Honda during the house sale

This photo is the outside of the first day's sale:


Here is another one where my helper friends are exhausted just like me




...and the happy picture after me having a real drink after this chaotic day. I don't think I would have survived without my friends that helped. (Kim David, Betsy, Camille, me and Kim Boone-Nakase) I was completed exhausted in this photo and reflected on how I will not do this again!


Sunday was more subdued with one guy returning from the day before; he made off with my ratchet set hidden in my tool box that he bought from me. Oh well, so much for the professional garage sale buyers. I guess I am in the wrong business. With no beds to sleep on and no living room furniture (except for the monstrous entertainment center) I am definately up to say that this is a point of no return for me. It's all about moving out of here and down under. Last week I was emotional while in Florida with my kitty girls. It was PMS! But then, who would really go through this uprooting life change and trauma anyway?

Things to accomplish this week:
-Pack additional things for Battered Women Charity; pickup scheduled 1/8/09
-Receive the dumpster 1/9/09 to throw out remaining unsalvagable items
-Visit DMV to return Miata plates and understand transfer process of my Honda when I turn the vehicle over to the new owner 1/14/09
-Check out Western Schools for R.N. renewal course for next 2 yrs
-Cancel Netflix once I receive the last couple DVD's
-Roll up my big jar of pennies to redeem $$
-Determine how much cash I want to travel with to start Aussie bank account

I think that is enough for this week

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God that sounds like it would leave me tramatized! I can't believe your leaving next week! :(