24 January 2009

Living Update

Realized that I should have opened bank accounts in another bank that doesn't charge monthly transaction fees. So at the moment I have 4 accounts opened.

Went on a private apartment inspection based on a work colleague referral (check out the link while it's there!). It took me several hours afterwards but I did call him back and said that I will take the place, unfurnished. It's close the the very large Southern Cross train station, tram stop right in front of the entrance, swimming pool and exercise room including tennis courts. This means I have to go out and get stuff starting from scratch. This will give me an opportunity to experience Australian consumerism. I will stay in the temporary bug infested apartment until I have a comfy bed and eating conveniences in the new place! Take a look at my buddy in the temporay apartment I found this morning. This is the result of community living.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bug is an Australian cockroach, and is NOT one of the nasty sort often found elsewhere. Its presence is not a result of communal living, its a result of being in Melbourne.
They are all over the place at the moment - I find them in the letterbox, in the garage, and I've had 2 or 3 in the house in the last day or two. Ones in the house are usually either lost or not very well. If they run fast, they are lost. We've only had them lots down here in the last 5 yrears or so - since global warming made it warm enough for them this far south. They usually live outside, but for some reason they are coming in just now. Who knows - perhaps they know it's going to be stinking hot for the next week or so! Have a look at this -
http://australian-insects.com/australian-cockroach.php

Cheryl said...

Thank you Karen!