07 January 2009

Getting Down to the Wire

Today I started a dose of glucosamine for my left hip. I can't seem to find time to do my usual walk up to Grant Park and down to the pier with work and trying to get my moving business accomplished day after day. My knitting time has ceased because of the shit I still have to do....getting frustrated on that note.

Found out that my passport faxed to Melbourne will do for the immigration process. I still have not seen my employement agreement for my signature to work there...hah! Meanwhile, I am trying to find any charity to take the remaining pieces of furniture from the house sale. Bought more yarn at Anacapa: can't resist the collective colors of the Blue Heron rayon metallic! Got Pumpkin pie, Aubergine and Deep Space/Gold. Couldn't resist Malibrigo yarn as well. So I think I wrapped up my SABLE (stash accumulation beyond life expectancy) for the overseas trek. Filled out forms for the shipping of my belongings that I have packed for faxing tomorrow. I still have another big box to fill up with last remaining stuff. Decided to keep the one cookware set that didn't sell and my pink tupperware set - rare! Also keeping my new pieces of tupperware as well. These items will be in a box that will be stored at my friend Mark's house in Camarillo.

Found out that I cannot bring my bottles of red wine that I collected/bought from here to New Zealand. Guess I need to store that with Mark as well.

I met with Tag Gilbert, the agent who will rent out my house. More forms to fill out. Contacted my home owner's insurance agent for the new "landlord" policy change.
Got an appointment with Disabled Veterans for the guy to come over and see if he wants to take my remaining furniture.

I think emotions are starting up again because I realize these are my last days here before I really take off. My current client in Bakersfield finally got the word that I am leaving, my project team got the message as well today. Closure is coming up very shortly and I feel as though I don't have everything settled. Pacing myself to finish things is the only way to survive or else I will need more medication than joint issues. I see myself staying at the full-service Marriott before I leave next week :)

No comments: