13 January 2009

Changing My Mind

No...not changing my mind to stay here in the US (gawd!!)
Changed my mind and not hiring an attorney to represent me in court for the speeding ticket. By the time I return as a resident, it will be the only driving mark against my record - replacing my doomed accident which I had 4 years ago April. Switch one point against me for another by the time I am back.

I believe it is time for me to take a break from this country. It's a shame that all other countries have to rely on our economy and living through the bureaucracy e.g. traffic violations and driving records is just fucked!!

Last minute stuff to take care of before I am really offline:
-Reinforce boxes for shipping pickup tomorrow
-TV and foam pads to my neighbor
-Complete Honda transaction tomorrow and get rental car for one day
-Give Tag Gilbert the other house key and door openers
-Throw out all remaining food from fridge...there is a science project growing in there anyway
-Miata DMV form for state transfer

Today's adventure:
-Lost my ATM card yesterday (yesterday was a bad day) and got a temp one for 30 days. By then, I will have the permanent replacement when I return in March
-Wrote a check to property management to get this place rental ready
-Had a potential renter come through; more likely to rent this but there are other interested callers :)
-Packed the rest of my clothes hangning in the closet; realized I will be paying an extra luggage fee of $125 for all the crap that I need to bring with me on the plane

Ok....I am now really not able to log anymore entries here. My life needs to focus on closure for these last 2 days. C...ya from the Southern Hemisphere!!

3 comments:

Beatriz said...

Good luck with everything, Cheryl! Best wishes on work, settling into your new living arrangements, hope you get some good friends and neighbors to chat with. Hope you find a couple of knitters while your down under! Pet some wooly sheep for me, will you?

Anonymous said...

Best wishes on your latest adventure, Cheryl.

Cheryl said...

Thank you Beatriz and Becky; life has started down under.