24 January 2009

More City Scenes



Took this photo on my way to the Immigration office early morning; I love the old gothic church structures they have here. It's not the whole church but the morning light was shining through that window in the steeple just at the right time.



Yes, I am a foreigner! Got my 457 working VISA in my passport - I am official as a working employee now.




Here is the river that separates the city of Melbourne; similar to the River Thames in London. Much cleaner and more modern here.





Hmmm...I don't remember all of this high risers when I was here in 1986! It definately has grown and there are still more high riser building in progress all around the city. These river photos were taken from the south bank where a wonderful line of restaurants were - I can't wait to try eating at one of them; some more expensive than others. At 9 PM a line of torches blume out flames about 3 times. The apartment I chose (or the owner chose me; that is how it works here) has that view from the living area. I do notice that women really dress up on Saturday nights here. Something we don't pay much attention to in California. Guess I need to dust off my business casual outfits more so. Unfortunately, I only have fall/winter ones.

More photos to come as I peruse the areas.

No comments: